Problems in "Collect Data"

Jan 28, 2013 at 3:03 AM

Dears

I have recently installed the Epi Info for Android v.0.9.1 on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 plus (GT-P6210), a 7 inch tablet with Android v.4.0.4.

The Epi Info functions StatCalc and Analyze data are working, but the function Collect Data works only if I use the "Sample_7inch" form.

I have built a very simple form in my notebook using Epi Info 7 v.7.1.1.0 and I have transferred it to the tablet using the function "Copy form to android device". When I select Collect data in the tablet, my new form appears, but when I try to load the form a message appears: "Data table no longer matches the form definition. Delete data table? Yes. No." No matter what I choose, the program comes back to the homepage and it is impossible for me to load my new form. Even when I try to load the sample forms of Epi Info 7, as "John Snow" or "Ecoli", the tablet in the loading phase of the form gives the same message, and it is not possible to open the form or collect any data.

Is there any solution of it is a bug of the software?

Sincerely,

Davide

Jun 8, 2013 at 12:54 PM
I have exactly the same problem with a Samsung galaxy Note 10.1 tablet and a Samsung Google Nexus S Smartphone. They are both running Android 4.1.2. Any solutions?
Thank you! Michael Samarkos .
Jun 10, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Me and my friends are trying to use the epi info on a Motorola tablet. The same problem has occurred. Can somebody help us? Thanks a lot!
Jul 5, 2013 at 7:21 PM
I have the some problem to.
Aug 22, 2013 at 5:39 PM
I was not having this problem but now I am. I get this error whenever I try to load a form I created in the Form Designer. The sample forms load fine.

Has anyone figured this out yet?
Sep 9, 2013 at 5:01 PM
per Epi Info staff regarding this issue:

"There is currently a bug that requires forms to have at least 4 data fields. If this requirement isn’t met, you are usually sent into this infinite loop that you described. A fixed version should be available on our site middle of next month."

Make sure they are data fields too and not just labels.....this fixed my issue though.
Oct 12, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Same problem with Companion 0.9.4 on Galaxy S3, android 4.1.2 trying to open a form I made in Epi Info 7.1.2 on WinXP.
Still a bug?
Jan 30, 2014 at 7:30 PM
Epi Info Companion for Android was not detected. Please ensure that the app is installed on your Android device and that
the device is connected to your PC in "USB Storage" or "Media Device" mode.
HELP
Apr 14, 2014 at 6:52 PM
a couple things to try
  1. make sure you are using the most current version posted which is now 0.9.8.
  2. make sure form has at least 4 data fields
  3. after you install Epi Info, restart your device
Aug 28, 2014 at 2:39 PM
I was having the same issue as EdgarLares. When trying to copy the form to to the android device EpiInfo would say that the it could not find the app. I was finally able to successfully copy the form after turning off the samples forms option under the Companion app's settings.
  1. Open the Epi Info Companion app to the home screen.
  2. Select Settings in the top right corner.
  3. The second to last option allows you to turn off sample forms. Turn this option off.